By Thomas Glade,Paola Albini,Félix Francés
Read or Download The Use of Historical Data in Natural Hazard Assessments (Advances in Natural and Technological Hazards Research) PDF
Best regional planning books
The unfold of newly 'invented' areas, corresponding to subject matter parks, buying department shops and remodeled historical parts, necessitates a redefinition of the concept that of 'place' from an architectural standpoint. during this interdisciplinary paintings, those invented areas are labeled in line with the various phenomenological studies they can offer.
According to the paintings of Poly5, or the Mediterranean hall, mega-transport infrastructure undertaking, this ground-breaking reference explains how and why conventional top-down government-defined delivery making plans guidelines are failing, as a result of their tendency to eschew acknowledgement of profoundly multifarious neighborhood and nearby matters.
Revitalizing railways as a big sustainable shipping mode in smooth societies faces many concerns and demanding situations. This in-depth review areas the significance of railways within the wider context of entire sustainability, which encompasses sustainable improvement, social and fiscal fairness and group livability.
Regardless of ongoing technical advances, city and neighborhood making plans is frequently some distance much less powerful than we would desire. Conflicting methods and variable governmental settings have undermined planning’s legitimacy and allowed its objectives to be eroded and co-opted within the face of mounting demanding situations.
- The Oak Ridges Moraine Battles: Development, Sprawl, and Nature Conservation in the Toronto Region
- Imagined Regional Communities: Integration and Sovereignty in the Global South (Routledge Studies in Human Geography)
- Korea in the New Asia: East Asian Integration and the China Factor (Routledge Advances in Korean Studies)
- Municipalities and Finance: A Sourcebook for Capacity Building (Municipal Capacity Building Series)
- Employment and Development under Globalization: State and Economy in Brazil (International Political Economy Series)
- Infrastructure and Land Policies (Land Policy Series Book 7)
Additional info for The Use of Historical Data in Natural Hazard Assessments (Advances in Natural and Technological Hazards Research)