By Jonas Akerman,David Banister,Karl Dreborg,Peter Nijkamp,Ruggero Schleicher-Tappeser,Dominic Stead,Peter Steen
Read or Download European Transport Policy and Sustainable Mobility (Transport, Development and Sustainability Series) PDF
Best regional planning books
The unfold of newly 'invented' areas, resembling topic parks, procuring department shops and made over old parts, necessitates a redefinition of the idea that of 'place' from an architectural standpoint. during this interdisciplinary paintings, those invented areas are labeled in line with the several phenomenological studies they can offer.
In line with the paintings of Poly5, or the Mediterranean hall, mega-transport infrastructure undertaking, this ground-breaking reference explains how and why conventional top-down government-defined delivery making plans rules are failing, because of their tendency to eschew acknowledgement of profoundly multifarious neighborhood and local matters.
Revitalizing railways as a big sustainable delivery mode in sleek societies faces many concerns and demanding situations. This in-depth evaluate areas the significance of railways within the wider context of entire sustainability, which encompasses sustainable improvement, social and monetary fairness and neighborhood livability.
Regardless of ongoing technical advances, city and local making plans is frequently a ways much less potent than we'd wish. Conflicting techniques and variable governmental settings have undermined planning’s legitimacy and allowed its pursuits to be eroded and co-opted within the face of mounting demanding situations.
- The New Politics of Indian Gaming: The Rise of Reservation Interest Groups (Gambling Studies Series)
- Linking Networks: The Formation of Common Standards and Visions for Infrastructure Development (Transport and Society)
- Industrial Tourism: Opportunities for City and Enterprise (EURICUR Series (European Institute for Comparative Urban Research))
- Sustainable City and Creativity: Promoting Creative Urban Initiatives
- Railways, Urban Development and Town Planning in Britain: 1948–2008 (Transport and Mobility)
Extra info for European Transport Policy and Sustainable Mobility (Transport, Development and Sustainability Series)