By D. R. F. Taylor,Tracey Lauriault
Developments within the thought and perform of Cybercartography—awarded an Honorable point out in Earth technological know-how on the organization of yank Publishers' 2015 PROSE Awards—examines many of the fresh advancements within the thought and perform of cybercartography and the mammoth adjustments that have taken position because the first version released in 2005. It keeps to ascertain the foremost parts of cybercartography and emphasizes the significance of interplay among concept and perform in constructing a paradigm which strikes past the idea that of Geographic details platforms (GIS) and Geographical details technology.
Cybercartography is a brand new paradigm for maps and mapping within the info period. outlined as "the association, presentation, research and conversation of spatially referenced info on a wide selection of themes of curiosity to society," cybercartography is gifted in an interactive, dynamic, multisensory structure with using multimedia and multimodal interfaces.
The seven significant components of cybercartography defined within the first version were supplemented by means of six key rules and the definition of cybercartography has been prolonged and elevated. the hot perform of mapping conventional wisdom in partnership with indigenous humans has ended in new theoretical figuring out in addition to cutting edge cybercartographic atlases. that includes greater than ninety% new and revised content material, this quantity is as a result a multidisciplinary crew attempt and has benefited from the enter of companions from executive, and aboriginal non-governmental agencies.
- Honorable point out within the the 2015 PROSE Awards in Earth Science from the organization of yankee Publishers
- Highlights the connection among cybercartography and demanding geography
- Incorporates numerous new cybercartographic atlases produced in cooperation with Inuit and primary countries groups
- Showcases criminal, moral, consent and coverage implications of mapping neighborhood and conventional wisdom
- Features an interactive spouse site containing hyperlinks to comparable websites, extra colour photos and illustrations, plus very important info to trap the dynamic and interactive parts of cybercartography: http://booksite.elsevier.com/9780444627131/
Read Online or Download Developments in the Theory and Practice of Cybercartography: Applications and Indigenous Mapping (Modern Cartography Series) PDF
Similar earth sciences books
Over greater than centuries the developmentofeconomic thought has created a wide range of other techniques, theories, and insights. My fresh books, Capital and data (Zhang, 1999) and A TheoryofInternational alternate (Zhang, 2000) exhibit how separate financial theories similar to the Marxian economics, the Keynesian economics, the overall equilibrium concept, the neoclassical progress thought, and the neoclassical exchange idea might be tested inside of a unmarried theoretical framework.
Boundaries—lines imposed at the landscape—shape our lives, dictating every thing from which applicants we vote for to what faculties our kids attend to the groups with which we establish. In growing the yank West, historian Derek R. Everett examines the functionality of those inner strains in American historical past in general and within the West specifically.
Zeitschrift für Kristallographie. complement quantity 34 provides the entire Abstracts of all contributions to the twenty second Annual convention of the German Crystallographic Society in Berlin 2014: - Celebration of the “International yr of Crystallography 2014” - Plenary Talks- Microsymposia- Poster consultation complement sequence of Zeitschrift für Kristallographie publishes Abstracts of overseas meetings at the interdisciplinary box of crystallography.
During this booklet, the writer describes in uncomplicated, non-technical phrases the adventures he has skilled in the course of his paintings as an earth scientist in the various distant elements of the arid and semi-arid international. His objective in scripting this concise account of a few of the paintings he has been concerned with during the last fifty years is to aim to exhibit to the non-specialist a number of the pleasure and enjoyable fascinated about fieldwork within the drier areas of the area.
- The Structure of the Earth's Crust: Based on Seismic Data (Developments in Geotectonics)
- Dynamics of Snow and Ice Masses
- Deformation of Earth Materials: An Introduction to the Rheology of Solid Earth
- Exploring Geology
- Locational Preferences of Entrepreneurs: Stated Preferences in The Netherlands and Germany (Contributions to Economics)
Additional resources for Developments in the Theory and Practice of Cybercartography: Applications and Indigenous Mapping (Modern Cartography Series)