By Russ Kick
This assortment levels dramatically. With greater than 320 poems, it is going throughout all of historical past, from the ancients immediately via to at the present time. throughout international locations and languages, throughout colleges of poetry. You’ll discover a plethora of approaches—witty, funny, lethal severe, tear-jerking, clever, profound, offended, non secular, atheistic, doubtful, hugely own, political, mythic, earthy, and merely sometimes morbid.
Every attitude you could think about is covered—the deaths of youngsters, misplaced loves, funeral rites, shut calls, consuming meat, serial killers, the demise penalty, roadkill, the Underworld, reincarnation, elegies for well-known humans, demise as an equalizer, dying as a junk guy, dying as a baby, the dying of God, the loss of life of demise . . . .
You’ll locate dying poetry’s maximum hits, including:
- “Because i couldn't cease for dying” by way of Emily Dickinson
- “To an Athlete death younger” by means of A.E. Housman
- “Do now not pass light into that reliable evening” through Dylan Thomas
- “When Lilacs final within the Dooryard Bloom’d” via Walt Whitman
- “Annabel Lee” through Edgar Allan Poe