By Kim Scipes
Read Online or Download AFL-CIO's Secret War against Developing Country Workers: Solidarity or Sabotage? PDF
Best regional planning books
The unfold of newly 'invented' areas, equivalent to subject parks, buying department stores and made over old components, necessitates a redefinition of the concept that of 'place' from an architectural point of view. during this interdisciplinary paintings, those invented locations are categorised in accordance with the various phenomenological studies they can supply.
In line with the paintings of Poly5, or the Mediterranean hall, mega-transport infrastructure venture, this ground-breaking reference explains how and why conventional top-down government-defined shipping making plans regulations are failing, because of their tendency to eschew acknowledgement of profoundly multifarious neighborhood and neighborhood matters.
Revitalizing railways as a massive sustainable delivery mode in sleek societies faces many concerns and demanding situations. This in-depth review locations the significance of railways within the wider context of complete sustainability, which encompasses sustainable improvement, social and fiscal fairness and neighborhood livability.
Regardless of ongoing technical advances, city and nearby making plans is frequently some distance much less powerful than we would wish. Conflicting ways and variable governmental settings have undermined planning’s legitimacy and allowed its targets to be eroded and co-opted within the face of mounting demanding situations.
- On Risk and Disaster: Lessons from Hurricane Katrina
- Methods of Interregional and Regional Analysis (Regional Science Studies Series)
- Iraqi Federalism and the Kurds: Learning to Live Together (Federalism Studies)
- Resettling Displaced People: Policy and Practice in India
- New Principles in Planning Evaluation (Urban Planning and Environment)
- Benefits of Investing in Water and Sanitation: An OECD Perspective
Extra resources for AFL-CIO's Secret War against Developing Country Workers: Solidarity or Sabotage?